Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Demand for More Crazy Fingers.

I had the artsy-est, funkiest roommates ever in college. Each one of us was always bringing out a new creative side in another. Many 'a nights (maybe TOO many 'a nights!) were spent in the living room, drinking wine, and painting/drawing/crafting together. We started off with an "art wall" that was just one single wall, completely covered in art. It eventually turned into all 4 walls of the living room.

Danielle was handy with her charcoal.
So I gave it a try a couple times, and eventually got this.



He made his place on one of the 4 art walls and built his fame around those crazy, guitar playing fingers. It was pretty brutal (and I was pretty selfish) when it came time to move and I refused to leave him there.

Sad, untilllll! I decided to paint him.
My brilliant brother requested that I take pictures as I work throughout a painting. So, I did. Here is how ugly it is when it starts.


Then, crazy fingers appear (Danielle's favorite)...




And voilĂ !


Choosing colors for him was fun, since he was originally colorless, and the background idea came from a similar color scheme in one of Salvador Dali's paintings.
Love how rustic looking he came out!


Be back soon!
Kara Spicuzza Welborn

No comments:

Post a Comment